If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (239) 573-5911

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Understanding the Causes for Fire Damage from a Short Circuit in North Fort Myers

9/15/2017 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Understanding the Causes for Fire Damage from a Short Circuit in North Fort Myers Our SERVPRO team can restore fire, smoke, and soot damage from your home.

SERVPRO is Here to Help Make Your Fire Damage "Like it never even happened." 

Fires are stressful events that you can do a lot in your North Fort Myers home to avoid. Fires can occur for several reasons, including an electrical short. Also known as a circuit interruption, electrical short circuits happen many times when the coating on wiring is stripped or when a nail is pushed through the wire. A spark is generated, which can set nearby combustible materials on fire, or damage an appliance or other fixture which is connected to the wires.

Most commonly, short circuits can happen in your North Fort Myers home between a neutral and a live wire. However, any two wires can short circuit. If for example, a neutral wire connects with a ground wire, it is possible for this contact to create a short circuit and subsequent fire damage. Any time your North Fort Myers home has experienced a fire from a short circuit, you want to call our technicians at SERVPRO right away after the fire is out, as we can restore your home from the damage.

If you as a homeowner are hammering a nail through a wall, the nail could meet two wires. When this happens, it establishes a connection. The same thing occurs when coating on wires is stripped, allowing the wire to come into contact and create a spark.

Batteries can also be the starting place of a short circuit. If the negative and positive terminals are connecting by a wire, a surge of electrical current may generate enough heat to create an explosion and start a fire.

Electricians install fault protection devices to avoid short circuits in residences. These fuses and circuit breakers shut down the current of electricity when the system sense a surge. Sometimes, however, fires still happen, which is why SERVPRO is always standing by to help you repair the damage afterward. We have the training to handle damage from the actual flames, plus soot, smoke, and even water damage from firefighting efforts.

Locally Owned Company with National Resources

When an electrical short has caused fire damage in your home in Pine Island, Cape Coral, or North Fort Myers, SERVPRO of Cape Coral can be counted on to restore your home back to its usual condition. All you need to do is reach out to us by dialing (239) 573-5911.

For more information regarding the city of Fort Myers, click here

Other News

View Recent Posts