If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (239) 573-5911

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Call SERVPRO First And Avoid These Mold Disasters In Pine Island

5/4/2017 (Permalink)

If mold takes root in a home, it can quickly grow to be one of the worst disasters the building has ever seen.

Avoid These Mold Disasters

If mold takes root in a home, it can quickly grow to be one of the worst disasters the building has ever seen. Mold is, in addition to its highly damaging nature, tough to remove, requiring the careful and professional touch of a company like SERVPRO to remove it safely and permanently. Many homeowners, however, first opt to take matters into their hands, usually to disastrous effect. We strongly recommend never touching, cleaning, or interacting with mold without one of our representatives' express approval. Otherwise, you may hurt yourself or your home. Here are some common ways homeowners have tried to remove mold without our help in the past.

While burning off mold damage in Pine Island may seem a little extreme, at least one homeowner has tried it in recent years. While burning certainly can and should kill off most types of mold, it also has the major side effect of creating an even worse fire damage problem for the home. In the single case we have seen, the homeowner did not even reach the mold's full extent with his torch, meaning we had to help restore the effects of both mold and fire in the job.

Bleach And Chemicals
Far more commonly, residents may attempt to use bleach or other household chemicals to kill the mold. Unfortunately, this does little to stop most types of mold, whose spores are designed to withstand and ignore many of nature's most otherwise effective chemical killers. Cleaning mold with chemicals is also dangerous, as the mold may be toxic to touch and the chemicals may cause additional damage to the surface underneath.

Simple Scraping
Perhaps the single least effective way to remove mold we at SERVPRO have seen involved a homeowner trying to scrape away the mold from his walls physically. In addition to creating large gashes and marks across the surface, he was entirely ineffective at removing the mold, even spreading it to another part of the room. We helped to remediate the mold properly and get the room back in order, but it was no small headache to him.

Leave mold remediation to the professionals, SERVPRO of Cape Coral. We have the tools, technology, and training to handle it like professionals. Call us anytime at (239) 573-5911.

Other News

View Recent Posts