Consider Using These Alternatives to Candles
Take A Look At These Candle Alternatives
Did you know that candles cause 2 percent of reported home fires? Before you light a candle in your Pine Island, FL home you may want to consider using one of these candle alternatives instead. Many of the substitutes leave you with a reduced chance of starting a fire. If a fire does take place in your house, be sure to call a residential fire cleanup team as soon as you can.
- Candle Warmers: A candle warmer uses heat from an electronic or battery-operated base to melt the wax and release the intoxicating scent. This alternative allows you to use the candles you already own without the flame.
- Air Fresheners: If you use these home fragrance products to make your house smell better, you can turn to air fresheners instead. Whether you plug one in or use a gel variety, you can get a great smell without any fire.
- Battery-Operated Candles: Flameless candles offer the flicker you love without the potential danger. You can buy tealights that look like small candles or luminaires that also produce a scent.
- Light Strings: You may think light strings are only suitable for the holidays, but you can use this enchanting string to add ambiance to your space. Candle alternatives in this category may even allow you to use a timer so the product doesn't overheat.
- Diffusers: Essential oil and reed diffusers can be used to release scent into your home. These products help reduce the risk of candle fire because flames aren't used. Reed diffusers don't even require any type of heat or electricity source, which is an added bonus.
Whether you love the light or fragrance produced by candles, there are candle alternatives that are right for you. Homeowners everywhere can find a wide range of products that can either add ambiance, produce a flicker or improve the aroma, which makes the flame of a candle obsolete.