Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When water damage emergencies affect your home or business property, there are a few tips SERVPRO of Cape Coral has that can help. Of course, your safety is always the most important thing. The first thing you should do is determine if it is in fact safe to stay in the property. Then, electric aspects like slip and fall hazards and avoiding standing water should be your next step! Letting professionals take over and handle the situation is the most important tip that SERVPRO of Cape Coral can give. We know that water damage is uncertain and mitigating the first steps after water damage occurs is incredibly important. That is why we are ready to respond and "here to help" 24/7/365.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (239) 573-5911
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.